I'm resurrecting this ancient blog (which died once Facebook became a better way to share pictures of the little ones with family - so, 2010!) while I'm in the midst of preparations to travel with the Wabash Pastoral Leadership program to South Africa. We will have the opportunity - the tremendous privilege - to meet with and learn from some remarkable faith leaders in that country, to learn how they have led/are leading in the struggle for justice, through dramatic transitions. The entire point is to step out of our present communities and contexts so that we can re-learn to see, to see differently when we return.
So I ask you prayers as I go - prayers for traveling mercies, certainly, but mostly prayers for eyes to see and for an open heart and mind to learn and grow. Prayers that God will use this time to disturb me and challenge me, to equip me and help me to grow.
Prayers for all that you are asking and safe travels! Can't wait to hear more about your journey and what you see.
ReplyDelete